How important is a business proposal? For one, it gives you a head start in starting up your desired restaurant business. You see, before the bank or the lending company will give their nod of approval for your proposed loan, you have to actually convince them first that you deserve the money. Without it, you wouldn’t have enough startup capital to buy the much needed equipment and supplies and pay your expenses, such as salary to your employees and advertising costs. Yet how do we exactly go about the business proposal? Consider the following suggestions:
1. If you are a novice in writing business proposals, then don’t be afraid to get some extra help from the experts. You can ask for different strategies on how to write them, such as what clicks and what doesn’t to the intended readers. Luckily, for those who are just too shy to approach anyone, there are numerous computer programs available on the market. Included in the package are some business templates that you need to slightly modify to suit your desired output. Also, these can be saved for future references, and changes are easy to implement.
2. One technique in writing a business proposal is to divide it into two parts. The first portion will focus on describing the different opportunities of your business as well as your plans on how to take advantage of them. The second part will show the current financial data, like the financial statements and tax returns.
3. When you have made your outline, you are then ready to write your restaurant business proposal. The keys here are conciseness and clarity. Thus, it is ideal that the first part will just be limited to 10 pages. Clear examples are also advisable especially when you are trying to give them a picture of the various marketing opportunities.
4. Even in your proposal, sell your business, that is, include the reasons why your company is totally different from your other competitors. You can highlight your special talents, experience, and achievements that give you the edge. Identify your target market. This will guide you in planning your marketing methods to gain market share in the industry. Surely, intended parties will be interested in such information.
It is important when writing business proposals to be realistic–never ever consider exaggerating things just so you can receive affirmation from the other party. Or else, you may find it hard to achieve them. As a result, your proposal is but an unrealized plan.
Bill McRea is the publisher of Knowninfo a premium website dedicated to providing Information, Marketing Strategies [http://restaurant.knowninfo.com/] and great eBooks like How to Start A Successful Restaurant Business. Visit our site daily for updated information, and unique products.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bill_McRea
Incoming search terms:
- proposal report for a loan for small restaurant