Sample Restaurant Manager Resume
1220 Main Ave.
Anytown, NY 11222
Phone: (212) 555-1111
Energetic manager with over 7 years restaurant experience seeks challenging restaurant manager position which will fully utilize my ability to manage people and processes. Creative problem solver with ability to maximize profits, motivate staff, and resolve conflict.
STEAK HOUSE INN – Anytown, NY (2002-Present)
- Reduced inventory costs by 33% through evaluating and streamlining vendor selection process.
- Trained waitstaff in effective section management, resulting in increased sales and reduced patron wait times over 3 month period.
- Exceeded restaurant sales goals by 27% for 2005.
- Restaurant voted “Best Restaurant of Anytown” for past 2 years in Anytown Chronicles.
- Motivate waitstaff with weekly sales incentives and rewards.
- Increased customer satisfaction through targeted customer surveys, and implementing top 5 recommendations.
- Restaurant consistently receives rating of 93 or better by state health inspector.
- Developed and implemented “Loyal Patron” program to increase existing customer base and reward loyal clientele.
- Initiated employee empowerment program allowing employees to control and be accountable for patrons’ experience.
- Recruit and hire excellent restaurant staff based on attitude and aptitude, resulting in employee churn rate of only 5% over 2 year period.
- Work varied shift schedule including lunch and dinner shifts, opening and closing the restaurant twice weekly.
- Meet weekly with all management staff to coordinate schedules, discuss operations, and set goals.
- Ensure excellent patron experiences by providing superior service and quality food.
PICCOLA’S PIZZERIA – Antyown, NY (1999-2002)
- Provided excellent patron experiences through phenomenal customer service, evidenced by high number of regular patrons requesting to sit in my section.
- Consistently exceeded sales goals by effectively managing sections and ability to multi-task.
- Recognized as “Lead Server” which included mentoring and training new servers, as well as accounting for all waitstaff sales and receipts at least three shifts weekly.
- Gained thorough knowledge of restaurant procedures.
- Rewarded “Most Valuable Team Player” award by peers.
Northern New York Community College
Associate Degree, Small Business Administration and Management
Restaurant Manager Resume Examples
987 Brookfield Place
Sometown, WA 84000
Current “Manager of the Year” (2009) for Gold Resorts, where turnaround leadership of multimillion-dollar restaurant, banquet, room service and catering operations has resulted in record-setting profitability and eight “Best of Seattle” awards for fine dining excellence.
GOLD RESORTS — Seattle, WA and Nassau, Bahamas
Owner/operator of 25 five-star resorts in the US and Caribbean.
Advanced through promotions, culminating in present oversight of $6.8M F&B operations (fine dining restaurant, two cafés, wine bar and banquet/ catering/room service operations) and a 65-member team.
- Elevated gross sales of Gold Resorts’ Seattle property 27% in first year as food services manager and by 12% or more every year thereafter.
- Achieved record profitability of restaurant and catering operations for the past three years. Cut food and labor costs by 16% while increasing sales, food/service quality and guest satisfaction.
- Redesigned menus and dining room layout; renegotiated terms with vendors/suppliers; halted rampant waste; and unified front- and back-of-house staff to create a cohesive, cooperative team committed to premium guest service and optimum profitability.
- Restored profitability to Nassau resort’s fine dining restaurant as restaurant manager, propelling a 25% margin swing (from -6% to +18%) in one year. Efforts resulted in distinction as one of the “Top 500 Grossing Restaurants” by Restaurant Magazine for two years in a row.
- Recognized for leadership excellence through “Manager of the Year” honors (out of 25 F&B managers).
“Manager of the Year,” Gold Resorts (2009)
Eight “Best of Seattle” Awards:
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant (2007, 2008, 2009)
- Best Wine Bar (2007, 2008)
- Best Catering Service (2007, 2008, 2009)
Top 500 Grossing Restaurants, Restaurant Magazine (2003, 2004)
BS in Hospitality Management, 1999
Northern Arizona University
Additional Training & Certifications:
- Culinary Managers Program, 2002
- Five-Star Training, 2000, 2001
- ServSafe Certified, 2000
- CDC Certified, 2000
- French (conversant)
Resume Restaurant Manager
4234 EverGreen Ave Raleigh, NC 25831
May 2009 EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration,
Operations and Supply Chain Management
July 2008 AMF BOWLING CENTERS INC, Greenville, NC
to Present General Manager
· Continuously improve operational execution through attention to detail and adherence to the AMF Operating Standards.
· Capitalize business opportunities in the market area by executing Company marketing strategies to drive sales in league, open and managed play bowling.
· Develop and maintain league business through effective relationships with league bowlers/officers, adherence to league formats, and the management of other related administrative duties.
· Analyze financial reports and develops action plans to grow revenue and control expenses in order to exceed annual budgets.
October 2003 PANERA BREAD COMPANY, Raleigh, NC
to September 2007 General Manager
· Maintained Certified Training Location Status
· Achieved double digit comp store sales for 3 years while maintaining controllable cost well below budget
· Implemented strict cost control measures reducing food and labor costs by 2% and 4% respectively
· Maintained a strong community presence through partnership with community and business organizations and with other Panera Cafes in the market.
March 2001 PANERA BREAD COMPANY, Raleigh, NC
to October 2003 Assistant General Manager
· Designed and implemented strict cost control measures and training initiatives increasing productivity and reducing controllable costs by 5%.
· Assisted with the opening of the franchises first Artisan Bakery-Café, first Artisan transition Cafe as well as the Franchises first out of market Bakery-Café
· Team management and development responsibilities including recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling of all staff. Led and influenced staff through effective motivation and leveraging individual strengths to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum productivity.
February 2000 CHICK-FIL-A, Raleigh, NC
to January 2003 Manager
· Identified operational opportunities and implemented key standard operational procedures to assist with the effective operation of the unit.
· Improved guest satisfaction while increasing crew morale and productivity. Led to sales increase of 6% along with lowering controllable costs.
· Strong people development skills
· Excellent organization, communication, motivation, team building and leadership skills
· Above average analytical and problem solving skills
· Quick learner who enjoys initiatives which emphasize continuous improvement
· Proficient in all Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Currently studying the modules for the C.P.M. designation and CPSM qualification
Institute for Supply Management
Wendy D. Anderson
216 West Sycamore Avenue, Spartanburg, South Carolina 29306
Telephone: (864) 555-7812 / Cellular: (864) 555-2298 / E-Mail: email@example.com
Hands-On, Performance Process & Results-Oriented
Fast Food Management Professional (General Manager)
with strong skills in the following areas:
* Operations Management * Profit & Loss Responsibility * Hiring & Motivating Staff members
* Developing and Implementing Training Programs * Increasing Customer Satisfaction
Background encompasses extensive professional experience in Food Service Management in the following key positions of responsibility: General Manager; Assistant Manager; Shift Leader; Cashier.
Strengths: Proven leadership/managerial abilities (able to motivate personnel to reach desired objectives); excellent communication/interpersonal skills (able to develop positive relationships with customers and employees); highly skilled at problem identification/problem resolution; results-oriented.
- General Manager (Bar-B-Q Heaven): Increased sales by 14% between 2007 and 2008; between 2007 and 2008, reduced the number of employees from 27 to 21, saving over $24,000 per month in labor costs.
Bar-B-Q Heaven (May 2002 to Present)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
- Manage all aspects of food service operations for two locations in the Upstate of South Carolina (profit and loss responsibility).
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise, evaluate, schedule and terminate employees.
- Oversee inventory control, ordering, food sanitation and quality control of food products.
- Maintain excellent customer service by stressing “the customer comes first” in all weekly employee meetings.
- Developed new menu items that increased sales in 2008 by $21,292.
- Developed “marketing program” (“Tell Your Friend about Bar-B-Q Heaven”) that significantly increased sales between 2006 and the present.
- Reduced Food Waste Costs by $46,929 in 2008 (compared to 2007).
- Ensured that all OSHA and DHEC regulations were complied with (passed all county and state-mandated inspections).
- Promoted from Cashier to Shift Leader, to Assistant Manager, to General Manager based on exemplary job performance.
- Associates Degree in Food Science (May 2006), Greenville Technical College, Greenville, South Carolina; Dean’s List; chosen as “Food Science Student of the Year” in 2006
- High School Diploma (May 2002), Berea High School, Greenville, South Carolina
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Objective: In search of position of restaurant manager that will utilize my management and cooking skills.
- MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Perfect, MS Access, MS Outlook, Crystal
- Windows NT, Windows XP
- Internet Explorer
- Very good management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of variety of beverages and food.
- Excellent communication and interposal skills.
- Superior in handling the staff.
- Able to work under pressure also.
The Farm, Inc. Arizona Working as Manager
- Make sure about the profitability by balancing service with costs.
- Encouraged guest’s satisfaction for steady business.
- Responsible for starting customer service contest for servers, busers and hosts for improvement of service.
- Checked BOH for food quality, steady sanitation and presentation.
- Provide training and advice for servers to maximize the performance level.
- Started introduction seminars for servers to increase the sales.
- Responsible for hiring and training new employees.
La Grande Restaurant, Scramentro, California
Worked as Restaurant Manager
- Done duties such as marketing, advertising and restaurant of layout.
- Increased sales by 72% during period of my employment.
- Responsible making changes in menu as per the requirement of customers.
- Confirmed about the track record that will help to create the profit of the restaurant.
- Responsible for developing an employee entered organization.
- Performed various other duties as needed.
Master’s Degree in Hotel Management, New York University, NY
The Farm, Inc. Arizona
Incoming search terms:
- restaurant manager resume
- restaurant general manager resume
- resume for restaurant manager
- restaurant manager resume sample
- restaurant manager cv
- restaurant management resume
- resume restaurant manager
- Restaurant Manager Resumes
- restaurant general manager resume examples